- Assess clients, read type of people, and evaluate them for ability, strength/weaknesses, physical/medical conditions.
- Read body language assess the state of mind of clients
- Lead, inspire, and instill confidence (remember the more they trust you, the more they’ll learn)
- Show interest in clients, communicate with clients, informing them on and off the river
- Manage time and trip to ensure that boats/people are off the river at the appropriate time, within company schedule requirements
- Discuss the client(s) goals prior to getting out on the water
Instruct fly fishing skills to clients both on and off the water:
- Use verbal and visual demonstrations. Each client will learn in their own way.
- Teach clients proper rod rigging, casting techniques and reading the water.
- Teach proper netting & fish handling.
- Explain safety instructions (wading across the river, etc).
Prior Experience Necessary. Guide School available for both walk wade and float fishing certifications.
In-house discounts, pro-deals, and more.