- Assess clients, read type of people, and evaluate them for ability, strength/weaknesses, physical/medical conditions.
- Read body language assess the state of mind of clients
- Lead, inspire, and instill confidence (remember the more they trust you, the more they’ll learn)
- Show interest in clients, communicate with clients, informing them on and off the river
- Manage time and trip to ensure that boats/people are off the river at the appropriate time, within company schedule requirements
- Discuss the client(s) goals prior to getting out on the water
Instruct fly fishing skills to clients both on and off the water:
- Use verbal and visual demonstrations. Each client will learn in their own way.
- Teach clients proper rod rigging, casting techniques and reading the water.
- Teach proper netting & fish handling.
- Explain safety instructions (wading across the river, etc).
Prior Experience Necessary. Guide School available for both walk wade and float fishing certifications. Don't have guiding experience but love fly fishing and do it a ton, become a fly fishing guide with the RIGS Fly Fishing Guide Courses. Click here to learn more.
In-house discounts, pro-deals, and more.