RIGS Whitewater offers a variety of White Water Adventures that include River Rafting, Kayaking and Stand Up Paddle Boarding (SUP) on Southwest Colorado Rivers.
UPDATE TO 2021 SUMMER RAFTING – Due to Low Water Rafting is Suspended for the 2021 Season.
Check out our Paddle Sport Rentals for a fun way to get out on the water! or have a private lesson to learn how to properly paddleboard.
Looking for ways to still get out on the water and have some fun? Rent a Kayak, Paddleboard, or Canoe at Ridgway State Park with our Hourly Rentals at the Dallas Creek Entrance.
Looking to tell a fish story, learn the region, and understand why so many people love fly fishing? Let our teaching-focused fly fishing guides help you learn how to catch a fish, read the water, and dive into that amazing world of entomology. Pick the perfect fly fishing trip with our reservation staff or check out our Guided Fly Fishing page.
How do you determine the right river trip for you?
- Start by determining your desired river trip duration and type of river experience you are hoping for. Are you looking for a short trip or multiple days? Do you want to sit back and take in the scenery or challenge yourself physically on larger river rapids? Our southwest Colorado river rafting trips range from 2 hours to 2 days and class II to IV rapids.
- How many people will be going with you on your river trip? Depending on the number of people, we will recommend the type(s) of river trip best suited for your group’s desired activity level.
- Though most river rafting trips are suitable for groups and families with a variety of ages and skill levels, your ability level and the ability level of your group should always be a consideration. Some river trips are more physically demanding than others. Always pick a trip that is appropriate for yourself or the makeup of your group.
Our river rafting trips range from 2 hours to 2 days and are suitable for groups and families with a variety of ages and skill levels. Each trips uses: Inflatable boats, 4 to 7 guests per-raft – dependent on water...
Like river rafting our kayak trips range from 1/2 day to multi-day and are suitable for groups and families with a variety of ages and skill levels. Each trips uses: Self-powered craft – single & tandem boats available. Instruction given...
Stand Up Paddle Board Trips offer an incredible way to experience rivers or lakes: Self-powered paddleboard with a paddle. Instruction is given by guide prior to the trip and during the trip. Great for mellow white water and still water....
Top Reasons to choose RIGS and Southwest Colorado for your next Whitewater Rafting Trip or River Adventure:
- Discover picturesque canyons, lush riparian banks, abundant wildlife, and fun. Experience class I to III rapids with ½ Day Family Rafting Trips, Multi-Day Rafting Adventures or Fun Inflatable Kayak Trips on exhilarating sections of winding white water rivers or relaxing outdoor river adventures. Whether you are looking for serious wet and wild fun for your next family rafting vacation, or a trip to expand your knowledge of SW Colorado, RIGS has the trip!
- We help you find the right rafting trip for your group. Give us a call, check out below, our Adventure Schedule to help you determine which white water trip is right for your group. RIGS has some great Rafting Deals in Southwest Colorado too, so join us on Facebook or check out our BLOG for the latest specials and Group Discounts on quality river adventures in Southwest Colorado.
- To ensure trip quality and customer satisfaction, RIGS Rafting Guides are trained well beyond Colorado minimum qualification standards.
Whether rafting on the Lower Gunnison River (Gunnison Gorge / Black Canyon & Escalante Dominguez sections), Uncompahgre River or San Miguel River – Your safety is our Top Priority!
- As a family-owned business, we believe in conducting each trip in a safe, fun and educational manner. RIGS is a proud member of the Colorado River Outfitter Association.
- RIGS Adventure CO is centrally located between Grand Junction, Ouray, Telluride, Montrose, Silverton and Ridgway State Park in downtown Ridgway, Colorado.
- Whitewater rafting season starts when Spring run-off from high in the majestic San Juan Mountains begins to flow. The Uncompahgre, San Miguel, and Lower Gunnison Rivers offer a variety of river experiences.
- Our ½ Day Family Rafting Trips, Late Summer Full Day Rafting Excursions or adventurous Inflatable Kayak Trips can vary from Class II to III rapids giving our clients the opportunity to experience exhilarating sections of splashy whitewater rivers or white water fun without the scare.
- Each trip is unique and can be tailored to your group depending on the time of year. We specialize in getting the whole family out for a fun day on the river.
- Need gear for your whitewater adventure? You can purchase Raft Trip items, like sun protection, hats, and sunglasses, prior to your trip at our Online Store or when you arrive at our Paddle Sports and Full-Service Fly Shop.