Overnight : Guided Float Fishing Lower Gunnison River, CO
Colorado’s Best Fly Fishing Waters on our Overnight Drift Boat Tour
Discover the little known secluded Gold Medal waters of the Lower Gunnison River within Gunnison Gorge National Conservation Area. Near Pleasure Park and the Gunnison Forks, this world-class Rainbow and Brown trout fishery offer anglers a chance to explore miles of pristine trout-laden fly fishing waters. With access to tough to reach areas, you will experience incredible hatches, impressive desert canyon ecology, and the Division of Wildlife distinction of having over 200 trout per square mile that are over 18″. In our top of the line, Boulder Boatworks drift boats, you will experience unparallel float fishing performance and comfort on the river. With their padded high-back seats, secure casting platforms, dry storage, anchor systems, easy storage and access to multiple fly rods, Boulder Boatworks drift boats make overnight fly fishing excursions easy.
Overnight Guided Drift Boat Fly Fishing Trip Things to Know Before You Go
- What is River Float Fishing? — The concept is simple; while in a drift boat/dory or raft with a fishing frame, your guide navigates the boat on a moving body of water to ideal casting locations.
- The Drift Boat Advantage: — Access to areas you could not get to wading, ability to cover more water in a shorter time, reduces the chance of getting tangled along the shore, the guide can position anglers into longer/more successful drifts while maneuvering the boat to remain in productive waters.
- Tell Us about Your Party; — your experience, skill level, desires and goals for the trip. Remember, it’s your trip, want to bring along your non-angling partner? Include them on this amazingly scenic and relaxing river journey, take a detour to Eagle Rock archaeological site (one of the oldest sites in North America) or take a swim (in the non-fishing holes of-course)! We tailor each trip to our client’s unique needs.
- Why Overnight on the River? — Anglers have an exciting opportunity to fly fish prime waters during the seldom fished early morning and late afternoon rise; right from the comfort your riverside camp. Take in the stars at night and the fish during the day.
RIGS Fly Shop Full Day Fly Fishing Trip What We Provide
- Low Guide-to-Client Ratio: — We limit our trip to just two clients per float party, so everyone receives hands-on attention and personalized instruction.
- Expert Fly Fishing Knowledge and Instruction: — Rely on experts to help you read the waters and understand local fish behavior. Whether you want to perfect your cast, learn more about the equipment or catch the biggest fish of the day, RIGS Guides are more than just guides — they are Fly Fishing Professionals.
- Flies, Tackle & Gear: — Our guides provide access to their personal arsenal of hand-selected tools of the trade including large boat nets, leader/tippet, nipper/hemostat, floatant, indicators and more. However, we encourage you to bring a small pack of your own items too. *Equipment Rentals (Rod/Reel & Wade Boots/Socks) available separately, please reserve.
- Overnight Gear, Meals & Beverages: — Take the worry out of planning; we provide everything necessary for your overnight experience including tent, sleeping bag/pad, camp kitchen, table/chair, portable toilet, meal plan & non-alcoholic beverages.
*PLEASE NOTE: In order to legally fish in the State of Colorado, anyone 16 years or older must possess a valid Colorado State Fishing License. Fishing licenses can be purchased at our Full-Service Fly Shop, or you can conveniently purchase them online through the Colorado Parks and Wildlife website. Cost of license is not included in trip prices. Licenses can be purchased for periods of one day or more.