HOURLY PADDLE SPORTS RENTALS
Paddlesport Rentals in Colorado is a fun and economical way to enjoy area waters. Rent one of our high-quality American-made Bounce Paddle Boards or Perception Sit-On-Top Kayaks at Ridgway State Park, Dallas Creek Entrance. Each rental includes the mandatory Paddles/PFDs per seat.
Rent a Rafting Paddle, Stand Up Paddle Board Paddle, or Kayaking Paddle. Full day rental, available 9am to 5pm.BOOK NOW
HOURLY STAND UP PADDLE BOARD
The Bounce Hard Body Stand Up Paddleboard is designed for stability, handcrafted, and manufactured in the USA.BOOK NOW
TANDEM Sit on Top Kayak
The Perception Rambler 13’5” offers stability, comfortable seats - easy for most people to get in and out of.BOOK NOW
SINGLE Sit on Top Kayak
The Perception Rambler 9’6” offers stability, a comfortable seat - easy for most people to get in and out of.BOOK NOW
GUIDELINES FOR RENTING OUR BOUNCE PADDLE BOARDS AND PERCEPTION KAYAKS.
During select summer months – RIGS offers hourly rentals of our Stand Up Paddle Boards (SUP’s), onsite @ Ridgway State Park Dallas Creek Entrance. Credit Card Payments ONLY.
- Dallas Creek entrance fee is not included in your rental cost. You will be required to pay a vehicle entrance fee at (entrance fee may require cash)
- We provide a PFD for the number of seats on a vessel with your rental, it must be worn at all times if 15 years of age or under and must remain on the vessel at all times if not worn. For example: SUP = 1 PFD, Single Kayak = 1 PFD, Tandem Kayak = 2 PFD’s
- When using our rentals, they cannot be transported from our location. All rentals leave our location water’s edge.
- Be sure to return all rental gear in the condition you rented it in. If there is excessive mud, damage, or missing gear you will be accessed a fee the following day and informed via email of the additional cost. Rental gear returned that has not been cleaned will result in a $10 cleaning fee.
- No alcohol permitted while using RIGS Watersport Rental per State Park Regulations
- No Dogs allowed on paddleboards. Dogs are allowed on kayaks.
- Ridgway State Park requires a PFD (life jacket) per person on your vessel at all times. People 15 and under must wear a PFD at all times while on a vessel. Ignoring this mandate could land you with a $100 ticket/fine.
- If you have questions, call 970-626-4460 or book online below.
WANT YOUR OWN GEAR?
FLY FISHING RENTALS
INFLATABLE RIVER RENTALS
DIY River Rentals – Experience the water at your own pace. We offer river-focused rentals from rods/reels, waders/boots to Inflatable Kayaks, River Safety Equipment and Wetsuits. RIGS is located within 10 minutes of some great options for your on-the-water experience. All River Rentals include a personal flotation device (PFD or “life jacket”) and all necessary gear for safe operation.
Constructed of 5 mm nylon-coated neoprene for warmth and comfort.BOOK NOW
NRS Raft Helmet
The NRS Havoc Helmet is your one-size-fits-most solution to river safety with a Dial Fit system for quick adjustmentsBOOK NOW
NRS River Booties
Simple, sturdy, zippered neoprene wet shoe with a flexible rubber sole offers high-traction.BOOK NOW
U.S. Coast Guard Approved PFD (personal flotation device), A.K.A. - “Life Jacket”.BOOK NOW
Tandem Inflatable Kayak
Rental of an NRS Tandem Inflatable Kayak includes paddle, helmet and PFD. All Kayak Rentals are full-day * see details.BOOK NOW
Single Inflatable Kayak
Rental of an NRS Single Inflatable Kayak includes paddle, helmet and PFD. All Kayak Rentals are full-day * see details.BOOK NOW
WE HOPE YOU HAVE A FUN DAY WITH OUR RENTALS.
When returning your rental gear be sure to follow a few of our guide lines to avoid additional charges.
1) Please consult with our reservation staff for specific policies and guidelines regarding our rental equipment.
2) All RIGS Rentals must be returned in the same condition rented – with reasonable use/wear.
3) Please return rentals clean and without mud or debris. We provide two hose areas at the fly shop to clean equipment before returning.
4) Upon return, we will assess any excessive damage or loss of equipment and notify you if an additional charge applies.
STAND UP PADDLE BOARD LESSONS
PADDLE SPORTS ESSENTIALS
RIVER & LAKE FAQ’s
PADDLE SPORTS ACTIVITIES – WHAT TO KNOW
Which rental is right for me?
River Rafting and Kayaking are not carnival rides that you sit back and simply enjoy the ride. There are real risks associated with this activity. So be honest with yourself about the level of fitness and swimming ability of your group when deciding on which trip to take. Consider that if you end up outside of the boat you will need to follow the guides’ commands and perform self-rescue (swimming to shore or to the boat). RIGS offers a variety of trips, from more family-friendly options to more adventurous options. If you are unsure about which trip is right for you, call our knowledgeable staff to discuss your options.
What should I bring?
- Swimsuits or synthetic clothing (fast drying)
- Shoes that are strapped on and snug to your feet (river sandals or old tennis shoes)
- Sunscreen and lip balm
- Sunglasses with retaining cord
- A change of clothes (for after the trip)
- A towel (leave in the van, to dry off at the end of your trip)
- Cash for souvenirs, snacks and guide gratuity (for quality service only!)
- WATER (it’s important to keep hydrated out there!)
What should I leave behind?
- Valuables (anything that ends up outside of the boat is considered a donation to the River Gods)
- Phones/Cameras – We have a photographer along for your trip and will post the photos for free on Facebook. If you would like to bring your phone, we recommend a waterproof case with a lanyard.
- Flip flops or slip-on; these will not protect your feet
- Jeans & heavy cotton clothing
How do water levels affect my river rental?
The river is fueled by snowmelt which is termed “runoff” from high in the mountains. Depending on the time of year, the same river can provide a very different river experience. May and June are generally bigger water and more excitement as runoff is at its peak. July and August are perfect for family-friendly rafting with water levels lower. Water levels also affect the Class of rapid throughout the season.
Class I – moving water with small ripples
Class II – moving water with bigger waves and more maneuvering required
Class III – moderate to large irregular waves with some drops and more complex maneuvering
Class IV – intense, powerful waves with drops and advanced maneuvering
Class V – very violent rapids that expose a paddler to higher risks – advanced to expert only
What is included in the trip?
- Personal Flotation Devices – Class V PFDs (life jackets)
- Helmets (if the section requires it)
- Transportation from our shop, to and from the river
- Free Photos on ½ Day Raft Trips
Guides that are trained extensively on and off the river – to provide our clients with the best possible service and make them feel safe during their adventure.
What if it’s raining, windy or there is thunder & lightning?
Our trips go out rain or shine, getting wet is a part of rafting/kayaking and half the fun, so embrace it! We offer rental splash jackets, pants & booties for a nominal fee if you’re concerned about getting wet. In the case of lighting, we delay departure until it passes. Remember in Colorado the saying goes “Don’t like the weather? Wait 5 minutes, it’ll change”.
RIGS is not responsible for any claims, demands, liability, losses, damages, or causes of action which are in any way connected with the use of our rentals, including claims related to injury, to person or property, disability or death, whether arising from negligence or misconduct of the renter or otherwise. *Ridgway State Park entrance fee is NOT included in the cost of your rental. Call us for additional information at (970)626-4460.