HOURLY PADDLE SPORTS RENTALS
Paddlesport Rentals in Colorado is a fun and economical way to enjoy area waters. Rent one of our high-quality American-made Bounce Paddle Boards or Perception Sit-On-Top Kayaks at Ridgway State Park, Dallas Creek Entrance. Each rental includes the mandatory Paddles/PFDs per seat.
We apologize for any inconvenience HOURLY PADDLE SPORTS WILL START JUNE 24TH 2023 – CALL THE SHOP FOR DAYS ON-SITE. Starting June 29th we will be On-Site Daily.
Rent a Rafting Paddle, Stand Up Paddle Board Paddle, or Kayaking Paddle. Full day rental, available 9am to 5pm.BOOK NOW
HOURLY STAND UP PADDLE BOARD
The Bounce Hard Body Stand Up Paddleboard is designed for stability, handcrafted, and manufactured in the USA.BOOK NOW
TANDEM Sit on Top Kayak
The Perception Rambler 13’5” offers stability, comfortable seats - easy for most people to get in and out of.BOOK NOW
SINGLE Sit on Top Kayak
The Perception Rambler 9’6” offers stability, a comfortable seat - easy for most people to get in and out of.BOOK NOW
GUIDELINES FOR RENTING OUR BOUNCE PADDLE BOARDS AND PERCEPTION KAYAKS.
During select summer months – RIGS offers hourly rentals of our Stand Up Paddle Boards (SUP’s), onsite @ Ridgway State Park Dallas Creek Entrance. Credit Card Payments ONLY.
- Dallas Creek entrance fee is not included in your rental cost. You will be required to pay a vehicle entrance fee at (entrance fee may require cash)
- We provide a PFD for the number of seats on a vessel with your rental, it must be worn at all times if 15 years of age or under and must remain on the vessel at all times if not worn. For example: SUP = 1 PFD, Single Kayak = 1 PFD, Tandem Kayak = 2 PFD’s
- When using our rentals, they cannot be transported from our location. All rentals leave our location water’s edge.
- Be sure to return all rental gear in the condition you rented it in. If there is excessive mud, damage, or missing gear you will be accessed a fee the following day and informed via email of the additional cost. Rental gear returned that has not been cleaned will result in a $10 cleaning fee.
- No alcohol permitted while using RIGS Watersport Rental per State Park Regulations
- No Dogs allowed on paddleboards. Dogs are allowed on kayaks.
- Ridgway State Park requires a PFD (life jacket) per person on your vessel at all times. People 15 and under must wear a PFD at all times while on a vessel. Ignoring this mandate could land you with a $100 ticket/fine.
- If you have questions, call 970-626-4460 or book online below.
WANT YOUR OWN GEAR?
FLY FISHING RENTALS
INFLATABLE RIVER RENTALS
DIY River Rentals – Experience the water at your own pace. We offer river-focused rentals from rods/reels, waders/boots to Inflatable Kayaks, River Safety Equipment and Wetsuits. RIGS is located within 10 minutes of some great options for your on-the-water experience. All River Rentals include a personal flotation device (PFD or “life jacket”) and all necessary gear for safe operation.
Constructed of 5 mm nylon-coated neoprene for warmth and comfort.BOOK NOW
NRS Raft Helmet
The NRS Havoc Helmet is your one-size-fits-most solution to river safety with a Dial Fit system for quick adjustmentsBOOK NOW
NRS River Booties
Simple, sturdy, zippered neoprene wet shoe with a flexible rubber sole offers high-traction.BOOK NOW
U.S. Coast Guard Approved PFD (personal flotation device), A.K.A. - “Life Jacket”.BOOK NOW
Tandem Inflatable Kayak
Rental of an NRS Tandem Inflatable Kayak includes paddle, helmet and PFD. All Kayak Rentals are full-day * see details.BOOK NOW
Single Inflatable Kayak
Rental of an NRS Single Inflatable Kayak includes paddle, helmet and PFD. All Kayak Rentals are full-day * see details.BOOK NOW
WE HOPE YOU HAVE A FUN DAY WITH OUR RENTALS.
When returning your rental gear be sure to follow a few of our guide lines to avoid additional charges.
1) Please consult with our reservation staff for specific policies and guidelines regarding our rental equipment.
2) All RIGS Rentals must be returned in the same condition rented – with reasonable use/wear.
3) Please return rentals clean and without mud or debris. We provide two hose areas at the fly shop to clean equipment before returning.
4) Upon return, we will assess any excessive damage or loss of equipment and notify you if an additional charge applies.
STAND UP PADDLE BOARD LESSONS
PADDLE SPORTS ESSENTIALS
RIVER & LAKE FAQ’s
PADDLE SPORTS ACTIVITIES – WHAT TO KNOW
Which rental is right for me?
River and lake sports are not carnival rides that you sit back and simply enjoy the ride. There are real risks associated with each activity. So be honest with yourself about the level of fitness and swimming ability of your group when deciding on where to go. Consider that if you end up outside of your vessel you will need to be able to get back on your equipment or self rescue. RIGS offers a variety of inflatable river gear and hard sit-on-top kayaks and SUP’s. Family-friendly options like our easy wateredge hourly rentals during the summer at Ridgway State Park. If you are unsure about what gear is right for you, call our knowledgeable staff to discuss your options.
What should I bring?
- Swimsuits or synthetic clothing (fast drying)
- Shoes that are strapped on and snug to your feet (river sandals or old tennis shoes)
- Sunscreen and lip balm
- Sunglasses with retaining cord
- Rain jacket or dry clothes ( whether you fall in or weather comes in – always better to be warm)
- A towel (great for sitting on at the waters edge or on the car seat if you are wet)
- WATER (it’s important to keep hydrated out there!)
What should I leave behind?
- Valuables (anything that ends up outside of a vessel is considered a donation to the River Gods)
- If you would like to bring your phone, we recommend a waterproof case with a lanyard.
- Flip flops or slip-on; perfect for lake paddle sports but terrible for the river. Where shoes that will protect your feet if you end up outside of the vessel.
- Jeans & heavy cotton clothing will only hold water and make your cold.
How do water levels affect my river rental?
The river is fueled by snowmelt which is termed “runoff” from high in the mountains. Depending on the time of year, the same river can provide a very different river experience. May and June are generally bigger water and more excitement as runoff is at its peak. July and August are perfect for family-friendly rafting with water levels lower. Water levels also affect the Class of rapid throughout the season.
Class I – moving water with small ripples
Class II – moving water with bigger waves and more maneuvering required
Class III – moderate to large irregular waves with some drops and more complex maneuvering
Class IV – intense, powerful waves with drops and advanced maneuvering
Class V – very violent rapids that expose a paddler to higher risks – advanced to expert only
What is included in the rental?
- The main rental item (inflatable kayak, SUP, etc) will include
- A Personal Flotation Devices – (life jackets appropriate for the class of water you will be on). See rules and regulations for each rental item.
- Helmets (for river sections where if the river requires it)
- Paddle or paddles depending on the number of seats on the vessel.
- Our hourly Stand Up Paddle boards will also include an ankle leash you will be required to wear.
What if it’s raining, windy or there is thunder & lightning?
Our River Rentals go out rain or shine, getting wet is a part of river sports and half the fun, so embrace it! We offer rental splash jackets, pants & booties for a nominal fee if you’re concerned about getting wet. In the case of lighting, we recommend delay departure until it passes. Remember in Colorado the saying goes “Don’t like the weather? Wait 5 minutes, it’ll change”.
Our Hourly Paddle Sport Rentals offer a one-time only Rain Check. That way if you arrive at the lakes edge and wind rain or lightening are eminent don’t worry. Just ask for our Rain Check before you go out on the gear. Once out on the water all time is considered non-refundable.
RIGS is not responsible for any claims, demands, liability, losses, damages, or causes of action which are in any way connected with the use of our rentals, including claims related to injury, to person or property, disability or death, whether arising from negligence or misconduct of the renter or otherwise. *Ridgway State Park entrance fee is NOT included in the cost of your rental. Call us for additional information at (970)626-4460.