Stand Up Paddle Boarding (SUPing) is an exciting way to experience Colorado’s rivers and lakes – SUP boarding Instruction & Rentals
Paddle Boarding on mountain rivers and lakes is a family-friendly adventure that appeals to all ages. Your SUP boarding experience is based directly on the amount of energy that you put into it. You can easily relax and paddle around while taking in the scenery or go after a workout challenge by fully engaging your core and paddling hard.
Stand Up Paddle Boarding Instruction
2.5 hour Stand Up Paddle Boarding (SUP) is the perfect introduction to Stand Up Paddle Boarding that gives you the opportunity to see how fun and easy this sport can be. Though the sport originated in the Hawaiian Islands, it has become the hottest paddle sport to do on rivers and still water throughout Colorado. Our SUP Class is designed to expose you to a great water sport and teach you the basic techniques to get out on the water with ease. Your instructor will teach you about the different SUP boards, parts of the board, and how this affects performance and stability. They will go over safety considerations and proper standing and paddling techniques. You will be up and paddling around the Ridgway State Park Reservoir during this class before you know it. Option for river experience with guide discretion. * Gear included: Bounce Stand Up Paddle Board, paddle, life jacket, and water booties. Please bring appropriate warm clothing for this class. Stand Up Paddling is easy to learn, fun, and can be done in almost any body of water.
Join one of our classes that depart from RIGS Fly Shop at 9 am DAILY (preregistration required). Other trip times are available upon request and dependent on conditions.
Call for more info. 1 to 3 person private lesson.
Hourly Paddle Sport Rentals at Ridgway State Park Dallas Creek is a fun and economical way to enjoy area waters.
Rent one of our high-quality American-made Bounce Paddle Boards or Perception Sit-On-Top Kayaks
Guidelines for Renting our Bounce Paddle Boards and Perception Kayaks
- During select summer months – RIGS offers hourly rentals of our Stand Up Paddle Boards (SUP’s), onsite @ Ridgway State Park Dallas Creek Entrance. Credit Card Payments ONLY.
- Dallas Creek entrance fee is not included in your rental cost. You will be required to pay a vehicle entrance fee at (entrance fee may require cash)
- We provide a PFD for the number of seats on a vessel with your rental, it must be worn at all times if 15 years of age or under and must remain on the vessel at all times if not worn. For example: SUP = 1 PFD, Single Kayak = 1 PFD, Tandem Kayak = 2 PFD’s
- When using our rentals, they cannot be transported from our location. All rentals leave our location water’s edge.
- Be sure to return all rental gear in the condition you rented it in. If there is excessive mud, damage, or missing gear you will be accessed a fee the following day and informed via email of the additional cost. Rental gear returned that has not been cleaned will result in a $10 cleaning fee.
- No alcohol permitted while using RIGS Water Sport Rental per State Park Regulations
- No Dogs allowed on paddleboards. Dogs are allowed on kayaks.
- Ridgway State Park requires a PFD (life jacket) per person on your vessel at all times. People 15 and under must wear a PFD at all times while on a vessel. Ignoring this mandate could land you with a $100 ticket/fine.
- If you have questions, call 970-626-4460 or book online below.
Hourly paddle sport rentals are available at Ridgway State Park throughout the summer – It’s a refreshing, relaxing way to spend a hot summer afternoon! All rentals include a required PFD (personal flotation device or “life jackets”) per seat on each vessel, paddle, and ankle leash for stand-up paddle boards. If you need additional gear beyond what is provided you must comply with Ridgway State Park Guidelines to avoid a ticket!
*RIGS is not responsible for any claims, demands, liability, losses, damages, or causes of action which are in any way connected with the use of our rentals, including claims related to injury, to person or property, disability or death, whether arising from negligence or misconduct of the renter or otherwise. *Ridgway State Park entrance fee is NOT included in the cost of your rental. Call us for additional information at (970)626-4460.