Family Adventures to get the whole family outdoors
RIGS offers great ways to get your family out on the water this season with rewarding experiences that are fun and easy to learn. Fishing, Paddlesports, and Rafting are top ways to get the whole family out on the water. RIGS specializes in family fun, fly fishing for families with children over seven, paddlesports for the whole family, and safe rafting trips to get everyone outside and on the water.
Looking to tell a fish story, learn the region, and understand why so many people love fly fishing? Let our teaching-focused fly fishing guides help you learn how to catch a fish, read the water, and dive into that amazing world of entomology. Pick the perfect fly fishing trip with our reservation staff or check out our Guided Fly Fishing page.
- Stand-Up Paddle Lessons and Rentals (SUP Boarding) is an amazing way to explore slow-moving rivers and Colorado Lakes. SUPing can be as relaxing or as strenuous and you want; great for the whole family! Head to Ridgway State Park Reservoir for the best SUP lake and hourly rentals on-site. Play half the day at the lake and then head to the hot springs.
- Rentals – We offer hourly rentals at the Ridgway State Park Reservoir from June through Labor Day (weather dependent). SUP or Paddle Boarding Rentals & Sit-on-Top Kayak Rentals (single and tandem) are just some of the many ways to experience Southwest Colorado. Find Hourly Rentals at the Dallas Creek Entrance only 5 minutes away from downtown Ridgway.
- Guided Fly Fishing Trips and Clinics are great ways to learn a new skill that can provide lifelong lessons in patience, observation, and a love for the outdoors. Our guides specialize in teaching, creating, and expanding existing knowledge. A perfect way to celebrate milestones with your family.
- When water is available our ½ day Uncompahgre family raft trip is perfect for some bumps and splashes, twists and turns, and lots of fun for families with kids over 6 years old and 50lbs or seniors looking to still have some fun but nothing too extreme.
- During late August, our Full day raft, kayak or stand-up paddleboard trip offers a true river adventure with an educational twist. Visit an active archeological site and learn about the unique culture gem right off the river that is still in the process of being dated. Currently, Eagle Rock Shelter excavations have dated back as far as 12,800 years with findings like the second oldest basket and hearth found in North America. Booked in 6 person increments.
- College break but don’t know what to do for work? Have what it takes to be a guide? RIGS offers specialty clinics and courses like Fly Fishing Guide School, Colorado River Guide Training Course, Learn to ROW Course, and more.
- Next family reunion, break the mold, by creating a Custom Group Activity for your whole family and experience adventure your own way.
- Contact one of our reservationists for more information about our trips and get out on the water this season!