- FT & PT Available, May-August. Great pay & fun work environment.
- Guide Training available, if not Currently Colorado Whitewater Certified
- Pay for performance - ROL minimum qualifications - Training schedule
- Guiding a raft with clients - Assess clients and manage group behavior, read body language/people by constantly assessing them. Lead, inspire, and instill confidence.
- Use verbal and visual demonstrations as well as explain safety instructions and self-rescue skills
Maintain safety of raft and equipment
- Awareness of all necessary safety equipment is carried and used according to company operating procedures. Know how to maintain, care for a raft. Emergency procedures, river signals, and use of all river safety equipment.
Demonstrate river rescue skills
- Pre-requisite skills include river-crossing skills, rafting skills, knowledge of ropes and knots, life saving skills (approaching a panicked person), river confidence.
Additional skills include the following
- Perform self-rescue; demonstrate water confidence on Class III water and with hazzards. This may include retrieving a person, effective communication to team, quick assessment of river conditions, equipment, client and execution of action plan.