RIGS Fly Shop & Guide Service is now seeking experienced outdoors people to join our Gunnison Gorge Operations Team.
The Outfitting Operations Assistant plays a critical role in supporting all elements associated with outfitting our multi-day Gunnison Gorge wilderness trips, overnight float fishing and walk-wade outfitting related to trip logistics, handling of gear and safe transportation. Work collaboratively to support a highly organized product in a timely and respectful manner. Be a part of our successful team known for quality in the industry and high standards of professionalism, courtesy and quality control.
- Support: All support needs related to multi-day Gunnison Gorge wilderness trips, overnight float fishing and walk wade offerings including gear-ins, pack-outs and gear management.
- Hike in/out of the Gunnison Gorge NCA at Chukar Trail to assist with scheduled horse packs, and the setup of river outfitter equipment.
- Equipment & Vehicle Maintenance: Oversight, maintenance assessment, cleaning and proper care of all outfitting gear and vehicles.
- Driving & Transportation: Safe transport of clients, guides and equipment utilizing company vehicles (15 pax vans, heavy duty trucks and trailers). *Clean driving record.
- Presentation: Must have a professional presentation, courteous, timely and informative about our services and region.
- Enjoy working outdoors and working independently. Able to collaborate with team members to ensure quality control and oversight of critical logistics and systems.
- Able to represent the business in a positive manner and work within a small team setting. Organized and open communicator of related issues and improvements.
- Active outdoor enthusiast, capable of hiking into remote areas. Able to lift heavy loads.
- Willingness to learn and participate in the evolution of critical systems to improve outfiting efficiencies and product quality.
- *Experience with overnight river gear, rafting and fly fishing industry are a plus.
- Job Type - Seasonal - Full-Time or Part-Time (available annually).
- Pay Rate - $20 to $25 per hour, depending on experience.
- Work outdoors with an independent and set schedule.
- Industry Pro Deals and shop discounts available.
- Affordable Seasonal Housing available depending on availability.
- Some Guide Work during slow times available to the right candidate.