Brief Job Description
- Only serious applicants with industry experience, resume, and cover letter will be reviewed.
- Seasonal Position (potential year-round) – April 15th – September 15th Flexibility during the peak season to address the need for longer hours than full time if needed. The position has the potential for advancement and to expand into year-round dependent on experience. Housing Available
- Seasonal Part-Time Position – May 15th-August With the possibility of more than part-time during peak season, pay is dependent on years of experience. The ability to guide part-time, shop part-time may be available.The Fly Shop Sales Associate assists with the retail performance of the business and helps with all facets of the RIGS Fly Shop Operation in collaboration with the Fly Shop Manager, Assistant Manager, staff, and the owners. The fly shop sales associate must exude a positive, friendly and confident demeanor, and is detail orientated in his/her approach to fly shop administrative needs. Educated on environmental issues, industry innovations, and trends a plus. Their focus will be sales within the fly shop, booking trips and assisting the manager with orders and online sales.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Retail & Point of Sales System – Assist with the purchase order process and online store.
- Reservation System & Guided Activities – Obtain an understanding of our Reservation System and the trip inventories within it to successfully process quotes and reservations for all guided activities.
- Fly Shop Sales and Client Relations – Maximize guest experience and fly shop efficiencies via sales of merchandise, trips and educating the public on what RIGS and the region have to offer.
Qualifications and Skills
- Strong Written & Verbal Communications – Ability to articulate in the written and spoken word (spelling/sentence structure, professional presentation of self) and communicate in a timely manner. Ability to quickly and effectively document and communicate internally, all identifiable situations that may affect the outcome of our product/guest experience.
- Computer & Technology – Proficiency/Comprehension/Retention. Strong working knowledge of windows based programs and progressive understanding of internet systems and cloud-based storage. E-commerce, social media and marketing a bonus
- Industry Knowledge – Background in the fly fishing industry as well as a knowledge/basic understanding of rafting equipment and safety.
- Retail Sales Experience – Prior work experience within the fly shop and guide service industry ideal. Strong customer service in both areas, as well as industry product knowledge. Consistently present RIGS’s fly shop and business in a highly professional, clean/orderly/inviting manner.
- Organization, Documentation & Timely Completion of Objectives – Detailed oriented with excellent time management and organizational skills. Ability to take direction and stay on task during the busy season.
Full-time with pro-deal and in-house discount benefits. $16.00 to $20.00 /hour