Seeking experienced whitewater float fishing guides that possess Colorado State Certification for the Gunnison Gorge. Known as one of the top wilderness float fishing sections in North America, the Gunnison Gorge's remote back country setting and technical whitewater demand a high level of competency in multidisciplinary fields, including: professional whitewater guide, professional fly fishing guide, back country wilderness overnight guide, leadership and interpersonal skills.
However, each year RIGS trains Fly Fishing Guides new to float fishing in their Colorado Certification course. If you are interested in becoming certified in the State of Colorado click here to become a float fishing guide.
- Client Assessment & Risk Management – identifying client needs, wants, physical condition and limitations. Ensuring a high level of safety, comfort and professionalism. From fly fishing, rafting, camp and meals - you will need to have a heightened awareness of your clients needs and how to fulfill them.
- Understanding your environment (Fly Fishing and Rafting)
- River rescue and emergency response/protocol
- Proper care and use of all overnight, rafting and fishing equipment.
- High level of fly fishing skills - consistently able to get clients of all ability levels into fish
- Preexisting Trip Leader (TL) or Guide Instructor (GI) experience in the State of Colorado
- Certified in Swiftwater Rescue Training (SRT)
- Prior experience guiding commercially on Class III – IV whitewater
- Float fishing abilities on challenging technical waters in inflatable rafts is a mandatory skill
- Excellent pay for experienced guides
Pro-deals, discounts and more.