Join RIGS Fly Shop’s Head Guide, Matt McCannel, to catch the trout of a lifetime. The goal: to pursue trout measured in pounds, not inches. This trip is for the patient, experienced anglers only, and consists of 99% sight fishing. If your game is quality, not quantity, this is your trip. All trips are conducted on the Uncompahgre River at the tailwater section called Pa-Co-Chu-Puk; this Blue Ribbon fishery is known for monster trout.
What do you get out of the RIGS Sight Fishing Trip?
- 2 Client Limit– One client fishing at a time with a two client limit on a trip. Get individual attention from RIGS Head guide Matt McCannel, in finding and landing that perfect trophy trout.
- Opportunities for the Perfect Shot– Matt will position you in the best holes, with the best opportunities to make the perfect shot.
- Insider Information into Pa-Co-Chu-Puk – Paco is our home waters, and no other guide service or guide knows this section of river better. Though a technical and tricky tailwater, Matt has the ability to help most anglers understand is subtle nuances and land the fish of a lifetime.
- Riverside Lunch, drinks, flies, terminal tackle
- Sage Rod and Reel – hand-selected by head guide and Sage Ambassador, Matt McCannel, the most current in Sage Fly Rod technology we will provide for your trip.
Things to Consider on your Sight Fishing Trip:
- Nymphing & Streamers only – this is not a dry fly fishing trip, if you want to bring in a trophy trout at Paco, nymphing is your game.
- 7-8 Weight Rod Required – if you prefer to use your own gear, this is the rod to bring – a lighter weight rod will not work for this trip.
- When to Take Your Trip – We have had clients land these monsters during higher flows in the spring, as well as summer, fall, and winter. A tailwater’s clarity is not affected by the higher flows in the spring, so fishing remains good throughout the year. The Summer months are more of a challenge, but for the patient angler, you may be rewarded. September through April (late fall through winter and into early spring) is one of the best times of the year due to the lower flows and gin clear water.
A Little More about RIGS Head Guide – Matt McCannel
Matt McCannel, RIGS Fly Shop head guide, SAGE Ambassador, and Fishpond Pro will conduct all sight fishing trips. Matt has developed a sixth sense for understanding these unreal fish. Matt has consistently put clients into these fish of a lifetime with his unorthodox tactics and rigging.
Hunting and Fishing Licenses are available at RIGS Full Service Fly Shop. However, we encourage you to purchase Fishing & Hunting Licenses Online prior to your trip to save time and hassle. When purchasing a Division of Wildlife License, the State requires your driver’s license or id, social security number, height, weight, and phone number.
*PLEASE NOTE: In order to legally fish in the State of Colorado, anyone 16 years or older must possess a valid Colorado State Fishing License. Fishing licenses can be purchased at our Full-Service Fly Shop, or you can conveniently purchase them online through the Colorado Parks and Wildlife website. The cost of the fishing license is not included in trip prices. Licenses can be purchased for periods of one day or more.