Float the incredible Lower Gunnison River (Pleasure Park) and experience world-class fly fishing for massive Rainbow and Brown Trout. Explore miles of pristine trout laden waters with access to areas that you could not reach on foot. This section features incredible hatches, impressive desert canyon ecology, and almost year-round fishing for the discerning angler. This trip offers the longest season for float fishing, often being available throughout the summer, fall, winter, and early spring.
Added Perks of RIGS Drift Boat Trips:
- Private Water Gold Medal Waters included – a RIGS exclusive 2-mile stretch of Private Property on Angell Canyon Ranch (across from Pleasure Park & Gunnison Forks) within the Gunnison Gorge National Conservation Area is included in the price of your trip! This secluded historic ranch rests on a spectacularly scenic bend of the world-famous Gunnison River.
- Access to Areas You Could Not Reach on Foot – some sections of the Gunnison offer incredible fishing but are very difficult to access unless you’re in a drift boat.
- Secure Casting Platforms & Padded, High Back Seating
- Dry Storage Boxes & Easy Access Multiple Rod Storage
Things to Consider on your Overnight Lower Gunnison Guided Fly Fishing Trip:
- Options – This Overnight trip is available through a surprisingly secluded section of river. The region’s only winter float fishing option. You can also choose to add this section to our 3-Day Gunnison Gorge trip, making it a contiguous section of world-class fishing for up to 5 days!
- Amenities – Enjoy the same professional service, riverside cuisine, and quality overnight equipment you’d enjoy on our Deluxe Gunnison Gorge Trip, as we take you on a journey through miles of spectacular trout fishing with excellent hatches and seldom visited waters.
- Think About Your Goals – What do you want to get out of your trip, communicate with staff ahead of time. Let them know what you’d like to focus on during your trip (i.e. just want to have fun and catch fish? Or work on casting techniques and reading the water, etc.). We cater our trips to our clients’ wants & needs.
- Great for Those with Low Mobility – This trip is perfect for those who have trouble getting around, you can access the Gunnison without lots of hiking with the help of a drift boat.
- Timing – The Gunnison River has a long season for fishing. Explore all the seasonal options on the Lower Gunnison. Discuss with our reservation staff when the best time to go is.
- More Time on the Water – More time to enjoy the beauty that is the Lower Gunnison. With two days, you will be able to focus on runs where fish are holding up longer. You won’t miss those early morning or late evening hatches, you are already on the water. Want to stop at the active archeological site, Eagle Rock, along the way; there’s plenty of time.
Want a longer trip through the Gunnison Gorge NCA? Check out our 3 Day “Deluxe” trip which offers world-class fishing, incredible amenities, and amazing customer service! Or combine the 3 Day “Deluxe” with a Drift Boat Trip for up to 5 days of fishing!
*PLEASE NOTE: In order to legally fish in the State of Colorado, anyone 16 years or older must possess a valid Colorado State Fishing License. Fishing licenses can be purchased at our Full-Service Fly Shop, or you can conveniently purchase them online through the Colorado Parks and Wildlife website. The cost of the fishing license is not included in trip prices. Licenses can be purchased for periods of one day or more. When purchasing a Division of Wildlife License, the State requires your driver’s license or id, social security number, height, weight, and phone number.