The Gunnison Gorge Float Fishing Deluxe Trip format is designed with one thing in mind: YOU. Our Deluxe Format provides a more intimate experience, with smaller client group sizes, additional amenities, and services, and a dedicated gear boat allows for lighter rafts. With these upgrades, you get to spend more time exploring the pools and runs of the Gunnison River Gorge. Our gear boat goes ahead to set up camp and prepare for our arrival! Both you and your guide can now focus on fishing as there is no rush to set up camp. Why not chase big fish all day? World-renowned for the “Stone Fly Hatch,” the “Gunny” also plays host to many other fine insect hatches making for a true bug factory. While the Gunnison River sees moderate use, the Gorge, because of its remote location and challenging access, receives the least angling pressure of all the floatable sections.
What do you get out of the RIGS “Deluxe” Trip?
- 6 Client Limit – instead of the traditional eight, our six client limit provides less rods in the water (more fish for you!), more personalized attention from your guides and better opportunities for solitude in the canyon.
- Dedicated Gear Boat – spend more time on the water and less time watching your guides deal with gear! When you arrive at lunch or camp, camp gear (tents, cots, bedding kitchen, toilet, etc.) have been taken care of by our dedicated gear boater. Stay out fishing later and seamlessly transition into a change of clothes and perhaps a cocktail? – relax and enjoy the serenity of the canyon right away.
- Custom Fishing Seats – because we value your comfort on the river, and know how a long day of casting in whitewater can be on the body, RIGS is proud to be the first outfitter to offer its guest’s Fixed Mounted High-Back Swivel Fishing Seats. Cast in comfort, or just sit back and soak up the serenity of the canyon in style.
- Upscale Culinary Service – A RIGS Gunnison Gorge experience spares no expense to have the finest river cooking equipment and quality meal plans. *Please advise in advance of any special dietary needs (food allergens, preferences, etc.) Otherwise, we are sure you will be pleased with the thoughtful trip menu.
- Deluxe Camp Amenities – All the creature comforts of home, or at least all the ones we figured out how to get on the mules! Each trip includes elevated sleeping cots (+ sleeping bags/deluxe pads/pillows), large/stand up outfitter tents (2 people per tent) with nightstand, high back dinner/camp chairs, and many more amenities to make your trip comfortable.
- Personal Waterproof Dry Duffel & 40 oz Insulated Hydroflask Water Bottle – for use on the trip. Smaller and lighter than most client bags and easily accessible. Stay organized and hydrated in style with top-of-the-line outfitter essentials. (Provided upon check-in to clients the day before the trip)
- All Flies & Tackle Included – don’t sweat the details, leave it to us! Our Guides will handle all the flies, leader, tippet, nets and all other terminal tackle necessary to be successful. *Traveling Light? Rod/Reel & Wade Boot/Wade Socks included upon request.
- Dedicated Ice Cooler – Cubed Ice for beverages is a luxury on remote, horse packed river trips! We go the extra mile by providing ice for cocktails at camp.
- Pre-Staged Trip Gear – A RIGS Deluxe Trip comes complete with pre-staged gear, horse-packed and assembled the day before, ready and waiting for you riverside upon arrival. Watch others flounder with gear at the put-in, as we quickly get on the water prepared and launce to catch the first bite.
- Private Shuttle @ Take Out – After a hot three days on the river, you will have to wait at the takeout a Private Shuttle Service ready to whisk you away back to civilization and a well-deserved shower- no waiting on us! Pick Up/ Drop Off locations available in Ridgway & Montrose. Please advise of your travel itinerary (flights/times and lodging address)
- Maps and BLM descriptions regarding the Gunnison Gorge, CLICK HERE.
- Fly Fishing Items – Forgot your favorite Buff? Need a new rod? Anything you could possibly need for your Gunnison Gorge Trip is available through our Fly Service Fly Shop at a 10% Discount for all Gunnison Gorge clients. Call the shop for details.
RIGS Fly Shop is currently booking Three Day Float Fishing Trips through the Gunnison Gorge. They do fill up fast! If you have any questions, give us a call at (970)626-4460. RIGS also offers one day Drift Boat and Walk Wade trips on the Gunnison River year-round.
*PLEASE NOTE: In order to legally fish in the State of Colorado, anyone 16 years or older must possess a valid Colorado State Fishing License. Fishing licenses can be purchased at our Full-Service Fly Shop, or you can conveniently purchase them online through the Colorado Parks and Wildlife website. The cost of the fishing license is not included in trip prices. Licenses can be purchased for periods of one day or more. When purchasing a Division of Wildlife License, the State requires your driver’s license or id, social security number, height, weight, and phone number.