This private 1-Day intensive course provides you with a better understanding of the river’s dynamics including hydrology, reading the water, environmental considerations and the hazards associated with recreational & commercial river rafting/drift boating. Learn how to successfully row/navigate an oar boat successfully down the river on your own! Gain valuable skills, safety, rescue, and recovery techniques. The focus of this course is to educate future oars people on river fishing.
What is provided on a Full Day Private Drift Boat ROW Course?
- Personalized Instruction – Your instructor will tailor the day to meet your row course goals; giving you the individualized time to improve your technique and get the most out of your row course.
- Expand Your Understanding of Rowing and River Dynamics – Gain insight from guides with years of experience that are passionate about teaching boating skills.
- Get Tips on Safety, Reading the Water and Hydrology – Our guides have years of boating knowledge and want to share it with you!
- Riverside Lunch
Things to Consider on your Private Drift Boat ROW Course:
- Think About Your Goals – What do you want to get out of your course, communicate with staff ahead of time. Let them know what you’d like to focus on during your course (i.e. learning to navigate better, focus on safety techniques, boat positioning, fishing tactics, etc.). We cater our courses to our client’s wants & needs.
- Timing – While this course is available almost all year long, there is a short period during peak runoff in the late Spring when it is unsafe to operate a drift boat. Discuss the best time for your course with our reservations specialists.
Hunting and Fishing Licenses are available at RIGS Full Service Fly Shop. However, we encourage you to purchase Fishing & Hunting Licenses Online prior to your trip to save time and hassle. When purchasing a Division of Wildlife License, the State requires your driver’s license or id, social security number, height, weight, and phone number.
*PLEASE NOTE: In order to legally fish in the State of Colorado, anyone 16 years or older must possess a valid Colorado State Fishing License. Fishing licenses can be purchased at our Full-Service Fly Shop, or you can conveniently purchase them online through the Colorado Parks and Wildlife website. The cost of the fishing license is not included in trip prices. Licenses can be purchased for periods of one day or more.