Raft the Uncompahgre River from the town of Ridgway to the Reservoir on this family-friendly 2-hour guided rafting trip! Class I-II rapids (class varies depending on volume – please inquire). The majestic San Juan Mountains fill the backdrop for the entire run! Float through a prime wildlife habitat for… an up-close look at songbirds, deer, and birds of prey! This stretch is mild enough for the young ones, yet keeps the whole family engaged! Our put-in location is less than a mile from RIGS Fly Shop, while the takeout is less than 5 miles away. This keeps transportation to a minimum and maximizes fun on the water.
UPDATE TO 2021 SUMMER RAFTING – Due to Low Water Rafting is Suspended for the 2021 Season.
Check out our Paddle Sport Rentals for a fun way to get out on the water! or have a private lesson to learn how to properly paddleboard.
Things to Consider on the Short’n’Sweet Rafting Trip:
- Is this trip right for your group? – The Short’n’Sweet is a perfect family rafting trip, especially if you have little ones (kids 30 lbs or heavier) or are first-timers with kids. No long drives, our boat put-in is only a 10-minute walk from the shop!
- Physical Exertion and Exposure to the Elements – The nature of our trips is such that it involves some physical exertion and potential exposure to the elements, including cold water and weather, heat, sun, wind and rain. While our Short’n’Sweet Trip is a mild Class II trip, perfect for children approximately 5 years of age to the senior citizen, individuals who are overweight or lack conditioning can endanger themselves, other guests and the guides. Please consult your physician if you have medical or health conditions that could impact your ability to participate.
- You will wear a Type III – V Coast Guard-approved PFD (personal floatation device) meeting the requirements of the State of Colorado (maximum chest size of 58 inches)
- Be an active participant (active paddler) in propelling the craft
- Actively participate in self-rescue by swimming to a boat or to shore, and/or by climbing into a boat with the help of another person in the event of an involuntary swim in cold water
- We reserve the right not to accept passengers weighing more than 275 pounds or with a waist/chest size exceeding 58 inches.
- Time of year – Trip availability dependent on water levels. Like all river trips, this trip is available during the Uncompahgre River run-off time (approx. May 15th – June). *All trips depart as scheduled rain or shine.