Take control of your own inflatable kayak on Colorado’s Uncompahgre River, and enjoy a guided 4.5-mile paddle from the Town of Ridgway to Ridgway Reservoir. The majestic San Juan Mountains and mesas fill the backdrop for the entire run as we float through wildlife areas popular with deer, eagles and water ouzels. Our guides will teach you how to control and maneuver your kayak on flat water, and then take you down the Class I-II (class varies depending on water volume – please inquire) water. There are opportunities to practice kayaking skills on the river and fantastic scenery. (Single and tandem kayaks are available for this adventure).
UPDATE TO 2021 SUMMER RAFTING – Due to Low Water Rafting is Suspended for the 2021 Season.
Check out our Paddle Sport Rentals for a fun way to get out on the water! or have a private lesson to learn how to properly paddleboard.
Things to Consider on your ½ Day Inflatable Kayak Trip:
- Learn the basics – A great way to have a ton of fun and learn a new skill on a short, busy and beautiful section of river! Our river put-in is just down the road from RIGS Shop.
- Physical Exertion and Exposure to the Elements – The nature of our trips is such that it involves some physical exertion and potential exposure to the elements, including cold water and weather, heat, sun, wind and rain. Individuals who are overweight or lack conditioning can endanger themselves, other guests and the guides. Please consult your physician if you have medical or health conditions that could impact your ability to participate.
- You will wear a Type III – V Coast Guard-approved PFD (personal floatation device) meeting the requirements of the State of Colorado (maximum chest size of 58 inches)
- Be an active participant (active paddler) in propelling the craft. Actively participate in self-rescue by swimming to a boat or to shore, and/or by climbing into a boat with the help of another person in the event of an involuntary swim in cold water
- We reserve the right not to accept passengers weighing more than 275 pounds or with a waist/chest size exceeding 58 inches.
- Good for Kids 90 pounds and above – Kids should have the ability to swim and understand commands.
- *All trips depart as scheduled rain or shine.