Enjoy this epic guided multi day river trip through the impressive sandstone walls of Dominguez Canyon. Soak up the surroundings from a raft, inflatable kayak (both single & tandem kayaks available) or stand up paddle board; an adventure, ideal for novice paddlers or anyone looking to getaway on a spectacular river trip.
What is a multi-day Dominguez/Escalante Rafting trip like?
- Fun and educational– A unique high desert river trip. Named for the Spanish Jesuits that first explored the area in 1777, Dominguez and Escalante Canyons are rich in history, wildlife, and scenery. Native American rock art, and spectacular desert flora and fauna can be found on numerous side-hikes making for a rich experience on the edge of canyon country. Perfect way to engage the whole family on a very safe river environment – let the kids (50 pounds and above) explore navigating their own inflatable kayak or challenge yourself on a stand up paddle board!
- Get away from it all – This class II section (class varies dependent on volume – please inquire) of Gunnison River gently carves its way through Dominguez canyon, creating a deep wilderness feeling. Cottonwood stands along the river, providing nesting habitats for herons and songbirds, while deer, desert bighorn sheep, and large game can be seen along the banks. Forget about work and enjoy nature.
Things to Consider on your Multi-Day Rafting Trip:
- Physical Exertion and Exposure to the Elements – The nature of our trips is such that it involves some physical exertion and potential exposure to the elements, including cold water and weather, heat, sun, wind and rain. Individuals who are overweight or lack conditioning can endanger themselves, other guests and the guides. Please consult your physician if you have medical or health conditions that could impact your ability to participate.
- You will Wear a Type III – V Coast Guard-approved PFD (personal floatation device) meeting the requirements of the State of Colorado (maximum chest size of 58 inches)
- Be an active participant (active paddler) in propelling the craft. Actively participate in self-rescue by swimming to a boat or to shore, and/or by climbing into a boat with the help of another person in the event of an involuntary swim in cold water
- We reserve the right not to accept passengers weighing more than 275 pounds or with a waist/chest size exceeding 58 inches.
- *Limited availability – check with our reservation staff for available times of year. *All trips depart as scheduled rain or shine.