Enjoy a 7.5-mile paddle on the Class II (class varies dependent on volume – please inquire) waters of the Lower Gunnison River. A National Conservation Area, managed by BLM, with excellent opportunities for solitude, wildlife and classic river exploration. Choose from Rafts (oar or paddle), or Inflatable Kayaks (single or tandem). This section of the river offers fun, splashy waves and plenty of fun for the whole family, without the technical skill needed on the bigger water. A riverside lunch is included mid-way through our paddle, as well as a stop to view a major archeological site that predates Stonehenge and features Native American Rock Art on the canyon walls.
Things to Consider on your Full Day Gunnison River Rafting Trip:
- Fun and educational– A unique high desert river day with river side lunch and a stop at the oldest archeological site in Colorado. Perfect way to engage the whole family. A very safe river environment – let older kids explore by navigating their own inflatable kayak or beginners can challange yourself in a single kayak.
- Physical Exertion and Exposure to the Elements – The nature of our trips is such that it involves some physical exertion and potential exposure to the elements, including cold water and weather, heat, sun, wind and rain. Individuals who are overweight or lack conditioning can endanger themselves, other guests and the guides. Please consult your physician if you have medical or health conditions that could impact your ability to participate.
- You will Wear a Type III – V Coast Guard-approved PFD (personal floatation device) meeting the requirements of the State of Colorado (maximum chest size of 58 inches)
- Be an active participant (active paddler) in propelling the craft. Actively participate in self-rescue by swimming to a boat or to shore, and/or by climbing into a boat with the help of another person in the event of an involuntary swim in cold water
- We reserve the right not to accept passengers weighing more than 275 pounds or with a waist/chest size exceeding 58 inches.
- Good for Kids 50 pounds and above
- *All trips depart as scheduled rain or shine.