Winding through the majestic San Juan Mountains in the shadows of 14,000-foot Mount Wilson, the San Miguel River is one of Colorado’s most spectacular and least known river runs. Continuous Class II and III+ (class varies dependent on volume – please inquire) provides great whitewater action as the river makes its way through red-rock walls, scenic sandstone canyons and forested banks. This section is located only 30 minutes from Telluride and Ridgway and 45 minutes from Ouray. The San Miguel rafting trip is a favorite for even the most seasoned rafter with its beautiful red sandstone walls, as well as being a great introductory river section for rafter learning to paddle.
Things to Consider on your ½ Day Rafting Trip:
- Is this rafting trip right for your group? – A more active river, this is perfect fun for a family with teenagers or those looking for some excitement but nothing too crazy. Good for Kids 75 lbs.* and heavier (*approximately 10 years old and up – depending on water levels – at the height of run-off the age is 14 years old and up, during the months of May and June minimum weight is 90lbs)
- Physical Exertion and Exposure to the Elements – The nature of our trips is such that it involves some physical exertion and potential exposure to the elements, including cold water and weather, heat, sun, wind and rain. Individuals who are overweight or lack conditioning can endanger themselves, other guests and the guides. Please consult your physician if you have medical or health conditions that could impact your ability to participate.
- You will Wear a Type III – V Coast Guard-approved PFD (personal floatation device) meeting the requirements of the State of Colorado (maximum chest size of 58 inches)
- Be an active participant (active paddler) in propelling the craft. Actively participate in self-rescue by swimming to a boat or to shore, and/or by climbing into a boat with the help of another person in the event of an involuntary swim in cold water
- We reserve the right not to accept passengers weighing more than 275 pounds or with a waist/chest size exceeding 58 inches.
- *All trips depart as scheduled rain or shine.