Experience this busy, untamed 10-mile section of continuous rapids II-III (class varies dependent on volume – please inquire) on the Uncompahgre River rafting trip! Our exclusive, private access to this narrow section provides a unique experience for paddlers with a rare opportunity to get off the beaten path. The majestic San Juan Mountains and mesas fill the backdrop for the entire float through State Wildlife Areas, historic ranch lands and the unique riparian ecology of the Uncompahgre River canyon.
Things to Consider on your ½ Day Rafting Trip:
- Our most popular rafting trip. The 1/2 day Uncompahgre is the perfect rafting trip for families (kids 50 pounds and above, 75 pounds and above in May & June due to high water), those new to rafting and anyone who wants to get out on the water – nothing too crazy but lots of fun.
- Physical Exertion and Exposure to the Elements – The nature of our trips is such that it involves some physical exertion and potential exposure to the elements, including cold water and weather, heat, sun, wind and rain. Individuals who are overweight or lack conditioning can endanger themselves, other guests and the guides. Please consult your physician if you have medical or health conditions that could impact your ability to participate.
- You will Wear a Type III – V Coast Guard-approved PFD (personal floatation device) meeting the requirements of the State of Colorado (maximum chest size of 58 inches)
- Be an active participant (active paddler) in propelling the craft
- Actively participate in self-rescue by swimming to a boat or to shore, and/or by climbing into a boat with the help of another person in the event of an involuntary swim in cold water
- We reserve the right not to accept passengers weighing more than 275 pounds or with a waist/chest size exceeding 58 inches.
- *All trips depart as scheduled regardless of weather conditions.
- Private put-in to private take-out – Our put-in is located just 2 miles below Ridgway State Park and 10-minutes from the RIGS Shop, keeping travel time to a minimum. **Individuals from your group that are not participating in the raft trip may not follow RIGS vehicles to the put in or take out. They are located on private land and other vehicles are not allowed.