The Gunnison Gorge Float Fishing Deluxe Trip format is designed with one thing in mind: YOU. Our Deluxe Format provides a more intimate experience, with smaller client group sizes, additional amenities and services, and a dedicated gear boat allows for lighter rafts. With these upgrades, you get to spend more time exploring the pools and runs of the Gunnison River Gorge. Our gear boat goes ahead to set up camp and prepare for our arrival! Both you and your guide can now focus on fishing as there is no rush to set up camp. Why not chase big fish all day? World renowned for the “Stone Fly Hatch,” the “Gunny” also plays host to many other fine insect hatches making for a true bug factory. While the Gunnison River sees moderate use, the Gorge, because of it’s remote location and challenging access, receives the least angling pressure of all the floatable sections.
What do you get out of the RIGS “Deluxe” Trip?
- 6 Client Limit – instead of the traditional eight, our six client limit provides less rods in the water (more fish for you!), more personalized attention from your guides and better opportunities for solitude in the canyon. Two clients per boat with one guide.
- Dedicated Gear Boat – spend more time on the water and less time watching your guides deal with gear! When you arrive at lunch or camp, camp gear (tents, cots, kitchen, toilet, etc.) have been taken care of by our dedicated gear boater. Stay out fishing later, and seamlessly transition into a change of clothes and perhaps a cocktail – relax and enjoy the serenity of the canyon right away.
- Custom Fishing Seats – because we value your comfort on the river and know how a long day of casting in whitewater can be on the body, RIGS is proud to be the ONLY outfitter offering its guest’s Fixed Mounted High-Back Swivel Fishing Seats. Cast in comfort, or just sit back and soak up the serenity of the canyon in style.
- Upscale Culinary Service – A RIGS Gunnison Gorge experience spares no expense to have the finest river cooking equipment and *Please advise in advance of any special dietary needs (food allergens, preferences, etc.) Otherwise, we are sure you will be pleased with thoughtful trip menu.
- Deluxe Camping Amenities – All the creature comforts of home, or at least all the ones we figured out how to get on the horses! Includes: elevated sleeping cots, comfortable outfitter tents (2 people per tent), wine glasses, high back chairs, and much more.
- All Flies & Tackle Included – don’t sweat the details – leave it to us! Our Guides will handle all the flies, leader, tippet and other terminal tackle necessary to be successful. *Select SAGE Demo Rods available.
- Dedicated Ice Cooler – Cubed Ice for beverages is a luxury on remote, horse packed river trips! We go the extra mile by providing icy cold beverages at lunch and ice for cocktails back at camp!
- Special Alcohol/Beverage Order Service – Arrangements may be made for us to purchase your alcohol to be pre-packed in for your trip. Please contact us at least one week prior to your departure with your order. *reimbursement cost + nominal horse packer fee applies.
- Pre-Staged Trip Gear – A RIGS trip comes complete with pre-staged gear, horse-packed and assembled the day before, ready and waiting for you riverside upon arrival. *Watch others flounder with gear at the put-in, as we quickly get on the water prepared and in great time.
- Private Shuttle @ Take Out – After a hot three days on the river, you will have waiting at the takeout a Private Shuttle Service ready to whisk you away back to civilization and a well-deserved shower- no waiting on us!
- Maps and BLM descriptions regarding the Gunnison Gorge, CLICK HERE.
RIGS Fly Shop is currently booking Three Day Float Fishing Trips through the Gunnison Gorge for the 2017 season. They do fill up fast! If you have any questions give us a call at (970)626-4460. RIGS also offers one day Drift Boat and Walk Wade trips on the Gunnison River year round.
Hunting & Fishing Licenses are available at RIGS Fly Shop. However, we encourage you to purchase Fishing & Hunting Licenses Online prior to your trip to save time and hassle. When purchasing a Division of Wildlife License, the State requires your driver’s license or id, social security number, height, weight, and phone number.
Getting to RIGS Fly Shop & Rafting Center
*Gunnison Gorge Fly Fishing Trip items can be purchased prior to your trip at our Full Service Fly Shop.