Ascension Bay, Punta Allen, Mexico 2018 – The Palometa Club: March 23th-3oth 2018
Join RIGS staff on this one week “Prime Time” Trip! Just one week before the annual Club Permit Tournament, with the perfect lunar cycle. We are lucky to have secured it and it will book up quick! Space is limited to 12 Guests and everything (minus airfare, gear and gratuity) is included. *PLUS – we will personally assist you in getting properly outfitted with the appropriate gear/flies/etc. necessary to successfully hook up on Permit, Bonefish, Tarpoon, Snook and more.
What do you get out of The Palometa Club?
- Low Guide to Client Ratio – Each guide has a maximum of 1 client, this gives you individual time with your guide to improve your technique and get the most out of your trip.
- Access to Premier Permit Fishing – Plus, opportunities for bonefish, tarpon, snook, barracuda, jack crevalle and more.
- 7 Night Accommodations w/ WIFI
- 6 Days Guided Fly Fishing
- All Meals & Happy Hour Beverages (Margaritas, Beer, Local Rum and mixed drinks)
- Group Transportation to and from the Lodge
Things to Consider on your Palometa Club Trip:
- Airfare is Not Included
- Consider Travel Insurance – Given the inherent strict refund policies associated with nearly all fishing packages, we cannot stress the importance of obtaining travel insurance to protect your investment. Travelers can obtain coverage for pre-existing health problems (related to yourself, your family, business partners, or your traveling partners), emergency evacuation, lost baggage, delay, life insurance packages; even “no questions asked” or “for work reasons” coverage.
Punta Allen, Mexico
Punta Allen, Mexico is located approximately three hours drive south of the international airport in Cancun. It is a quiet lobster fishing village south of the “Mayan Riviera” on a narrow peninsula at the north eastern point of the world famous Ascension Bay. The pavement ends in Tulum, and with it so does the hustle, crowds, and resort development in the hotel zone. This is the authentic, ecologically rich Yucatan Peninsula with dense tropical jungle and 1.3 million acres of the Sian Kaan Biosphere Reserve, a World Heritage Site, and genuine old Mayan Mexico. It is a safe little corner of the Yucatan that is remote enough to remain pristine, but easily reachable in a half day with direct flights to Cancun from many U.S. portals including Dallas, Houston and Miami.
Palometa Club has established it’s name with Permit located on Ascension Bay. Over the last five years it has become one of the most respected permit focused lodges in the world. It is tailor made for anglers in search of a specialized fishing trip targeting the most elusive and glorified of all saltwater species – the permit. Of course they don’t neglect the other species of Ascension Bay that make the fishery so diverse; however as the name implies, Palometa(Spanish word for Permit) Club, has built a program that caters to dedicated permit enthusiasts. It is an American owned and operated establishment and the definition of a “mom and pop” operation with tremendous hospitality, comfortable accommodations, and a crew of revved up guides chomping at the bit to go chase the mighty palometa.
“While we have become recognized as the planet’s premier permit fishing program, the flats of Ascension Bay offer anglers consistent opportunities for bonefish, tarpon, snook, barracuda, jack crevalle, and more. We hang our hats on our 1:1 guide to angler ratio, our unique techniques and approach, and our all-star staff of local, professional guides. The Palometa Club is anything but a “fishing motel”, rather a boutique, old school fishing lodge in the purist form. We focus on the aspects of what make a good fishing trip and excellent fishing trip. A destination you will migrate back to year after year”
Dick & Kay ~ The Palometa Club owners
“If you want to catch a permit on the fly, there is no question that you stand a better chance here than any place I know.” – Lefty Kreh