The RIGS Tenkara Colorado Weekend Getaway gives you a head start on the summer and tune up your Tenkara skill with a weekends worth of valuable Tenkara information and techniques plus quality “on the water” time with leading Tenkara guides in Colorado. Experience beautiful Ridgway Colorado and the Uncompahgre River during an amazing time of year. Less people, temperate climate and the option to fish tail waters and headwaters. April 25th-27th 2014
Is This Trip For You?
All abilities welcome. Like any river walk wade fishing, there is some walking and hiking ability needed.
The basic concept:
Paul Vertrees—Lead Tenkara Guide
Tim Patterson—Owner, RIGS Fly Shop
Matt McCannel—RIGS Head Guide
Itinerary: April 25-27 2014
Friday— 5:00pm – 6:00pm
Meet and Greet in Downtown Ridgway Colorado at RIGS Fly Shop (appetizers and drinks)
Meet your guides and other participants. Get settled in your hotel; we can help make suggestions for great lodges and resturants in the area.
Saturday— 8:00am – 4:30pm
Morning: 8 am Tenkara History, gear, casting and great places to Tenkara fish throughout Colorado. (Coffee and Pastries)
Afternoon: Casting practice and on the water fishing on the best river of the day. (Boxed Lunch)
Sunday— 8:00am – 12:00 noon
Enjoy a Half Day Guided Tenkara Trip on local waters with either Paul Vertrees, Tim Patterson or Matt McCannel. We will depart the fly shop at 8:00am for the best river that day and break up into small groups so you get some individual attention to hone your technique and apply all the information you have learned on Saturday.
Listed below are some basic essentials for your guided fishing trip.
Fly Fishing Essentials:
- Tenkara Rod *Included in casting lessons and on the water 1/2 day guided trip.
- Waders and Boots- (if you would like to rent these, please contact us several days prior to the trip so we can reserve you rentals.)
- Flies – *Included in 1/2 day guided trip
- Be prepared for extremes in weather conditions; anything from snow to sun can be expected.
- Polarized sun glasses (recommended)
- Please note: you can purchase or rent any of these items at our fly shop upon arrival.