Family Adventures to get the whole family outdoors
RIGS offers great ways to get your family out on the water this season with rewarding experiences that are fun and easy to learn. Rafting is one of top ways to get the whole family out on the water and RIGS specializes in family fun and safe rafting trips plus other great ways to get everyone outside and on the water.
* DURING HIGH WATER 2019 RIGS GUIDELINES FOR CHILDREN ARE AS FOLLOWS:
1) All River trips during high water will not be offered to kids under 15 years old for the San Miguel River and 13 years old for the Uncompahgre River.
2) Due to the dynamic changes with high water we recommend kayak or stand up paddle board rentals at Ridgway State Park. Check out our hourly offerings and keep the family safe during big water.
- Try our ½ day Uncompahgre family raft trip for some bumps and splashes, twists and turns and lots of fun for families with kids over 5 years old and 50lbs or seniors looking to still have some fun but nothing too extreme.
- During late August, our Full day raft, kayak or stand up paddle board trip offers a true river adventure with an educational twist. Visit an active archeological site and learn about the unique culture gem right off the river that is still in the process of being dated. Currently, Eagle Rock Shelter excavations have dated back as far as 12,800 years with findings like the second oldest basket and hearth found in North America.
- Stand-Up Paddle Lessons and Rentals (SUP Boarding) is an amazing way to explore slow moving rivers and Colorado Lakes. SUPing can be a relaxing or a strenuous and you want; great for the whole family! Head to Ridgway State Park Reservoir for the best SUP lake.
- Rentals – We offer hourly rentals at the Ridgway State Park Reservoir from June 15th – August 15th. (SUP) Paddle Boarding Rentals & Inflatable Kayak Rentals are just some of the many ways to experience Southwest Colorado.
- We also offer Guided Fly Fishing Trips that is a great way to learn a new skill that can provide lifelong lesson in patience and observation. Our guides specialize in teaching, creating and expanding existing knowledge. A perfect way to celebrate milestones with your family.
- College break but don’t know what to do for work? Have what it takes to be guide? RIGS offers specialty clinics and courses like: Fly Fishing Guide School, Colorado River Guide Training Course, Learn to ROW Course and more.
- Next family reunion, break the mold, by creating a Custom Group Activity for your whole family and experience adventure your own way.
- Contact one of our reservationists for more information about our trips and get out on the water this season!